Your skin is your body’s largest organ, and as such, you need to take care of it. Keep your skin in good shape all year round by following these tips from the American Academy of Dermatology:
- Wash your face every day and after exercising. Use a mild cleanser and lukewarm water.
- Use an antiperspirant rather than a deodorant, to reduce sweating.
- Determine your skin type: Oily, Dry, Combination, Normal or Sensitive - and choose skin care products tailored to that type.
- Examine your skin regularly for signs of skin cancer. Look for new or unusual spots, as well as anything changing, itching, or bleeding.
- Protect your skin from the sun by seeking shade, wearing protective clothing and using a broad-spectrum, water-resistant sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher.
- Consider using petroleum jelly to treat minor injuries and moisturize dry skin and nails.
- Prevent blisters and corns on your feet by making sure your shoes fit properly. Wear nylon or moisture-wicking socks, and keep your toenails trimmed.
- Moisturize daily: apply lotion or cream while your skin is still damp from bathing to lock in moisture and get the best results
We seek to keep your skin care safe and simple. Some skin care products can create problems, see us for your questions or concerns. I have other blogs that address these concerns as well.